Japan Visitor: What's happening in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Shimane Japan

Home    Japan Travel Guide     Tokyo Guide     Contact     Auction Service     Japan Shop

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

A Shop For Kokeshi in Sendai

こけし

Shimanuki Honten is a shop featuring kokeshi and local crafts. Located on Chuo-Dori Avenue in Sendai, Shimanuki Honten is an easy and entertaining walk from Sendai Station.

A Shop For Kokeshi, Sendai.


I want to recommend this store because if you are unable to get to the various onsens in the countryside, you don't have to be disappointed. Here you will find all the region's styles of kokeshi in different sizes and a good price range.

Sendai Station, Sendai, Miyagi.


Prior to my recent trip I did not realize how difficult it would be to reach the onsen resorts. Being without a hire car, my daughter and I were unable to visit kokeshi workshops off the main drag.

A Shop For Kokeshi, Sendai.


Now I can understand why Yahoo Japan has over a thousand kokeshi listings. The auction service may be your only way to acquire that special kokeshi from Aomori you've got your eyes on. Goods from Japan can process the order for you.

Recently I made several purchases at Shimanuki Honten, and I was extremely pleased to find a kokeshi in the Kijiyama style, which is my favorite.

Shimanuki Honten
3 Chome-1-17 Ichibancho
Aoba-ku, Sendai
Miyagi Prefecture 980-0811
Tel: 022 223 2370

A Shop For Kokeshi, Sendai.

Buy original Kokeshi from Japan

© JapanVisitor.com

Inside Track Japan For Kindle

More kokeshi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...