Japan Visitor: What's happening in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Shimane Japan

Home    Japan Travel Guide     Tokyo Guide     Contact     Auction Service     Japan Shop

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Club T Japanese Mascots

Do you have a favorite Japanese mascot? I purchased the 2014 Perfect Data Book which has pictures of the mascots from each prefecture. Funassyi, the pear mascot from Funabashi in Chiba, ranks as the most popular of them all.

2014 Perfect Data Book.


My favorite mascot is Ibaraki's Mito Mitsukuni, also known as Mito Komon. Whenever I see him I think of Nakamura Baijaku's wonderful portrayal of Mito in the 2000 Taiga Drama, "Aoi Tokugawa."

Club T Japanese Mascots.


I also like this character because of the long-running television series (1969 - 2011) "Mito Komon." When we initially came to Japan it was the first show we saw on the hotel TV! It made us think that somewhere in Japan, an episode of "Mito Komon" perpetually airs.

Club T Japanese Mascots.


Recently I decided to search for some character merchandise. Using an inspired combination of search terms on Google Japan, I discovered Club T at clubt.jp and it turned out to be my dream site.

Club T Japanese Mascots.


If you are interested in mascot-themed tees, polos, phone cases, tote bags, and other assorted items, just click the character-filled "Yuru T" box. (If you prefer other artistic choices, the site is overflowing with options.) Of course, I selected one of the Mito Komon t-shirts, and my package arrived last week. I was quite pleased! If you find something you'd like to purchase, just contact Goods from Japan and they will get it for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...