Japan Visitor: What's happening in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Shimane Japan

Home    Japan Travel Guide     Tokyo Guide     Contact     Auction Service     Japan Shop

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Cat Rescue In Japan

My favorite Taiga Drama remains the 2000 production, "Aoi Tokugawa," and when I first traveled to Japan I wanted to visit Zozoji Temple, site of the Tokugawa Mausoleum.

Cat Rescue In Japan.

I remember passing through the gates, noticing the pine tree planted by Ulysses S. Grant, the 18th President of the United States, and then seeing a cat - a friendly orange feline with a curled tail. It followed us toward the temple.

I looked around, wondering where the cat had come from. Where there houses nearby? Who did the cat belong to?

Cat Rescue In Japan.

Well... I have come to Japan many, many times since then. I have seen a lot of cats and I gather there is a problem here regarding stray animals. Cats are dear to my heart and my own six felines are all rescues.

In the past I volunteered at a cat rescue organization in the USA, but now I want to help homeless cats in Japan. I make a monthly donation to the Japan Cat Network, located in Fukushima, but a Google search will yield results for many such organizations in Japan. If you would like to help, I hope you will check them out. Here's hoping all my feline friends find safe and loving homes!

Cat Rescue In Japan.

© JapanVisitor.com

Inside Track Japan For Kindle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...