In Reporting a Scandal, the Media Are Accused of Just Listening
Hello Kitty car Nissan Cube
Haruki Murakami fans snap up latest novel 1Q84 after five-year wait
Truancy is rife at Japanese universities
Times on Line
Job offer ratio ties worst level
Au Japon, les suicides se multiplient à cause de la crise économique
Former stable master gets six years for young wrestler's hazing death
Broadband goes big in Japan
Toyota plans to host 2010 Japanese Grand Prix
Last week's Japan news
According to a newspaper poll, 81% of Japanese ride their bicycles on the sidewalk, even though this is illegal.
When asked why, the most popular answer was "riding on the street is dangerous." 2,312 people replied thus.
2. "On the road, cars get in the way" (294).
3. "The sidewalk is made for riding" (135).
4. "On a bike I can't ride as fast as a car" (54).
5. "Because a bike is a human powered vehicle" (41).
6. "Because other cyclists ride on the sidewalk" (31).
7. "Other" (156).
Source: Asahi Shinbun
Sunday, May 31, 2009
Japan Tourist Info. Copyright © JapanVisitor From 2000. All rights reserved