Japan Visitor: What's happening in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Shimane Japan

Home    Japan Travel Guide     Tokyo Guide     Contact     Auction Service     Japan Shop

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Okinawa jamming in Nakano Tokyo

中野のストリート・フェアー





I was walking back to Nakano Station from a yoga lesson in Heiwa-no-mori Park in Tokyo’s Nakano ward at about 5pm yesterday (Sunday). The street fair I had noticed on the way was still in full swing, and the sounds coming out of it made me check it out.



Being late in the day, several people were crashed out on the ground, but it was still buzzing. Stalls were selling food, booze, photos, jewelry, second hand books and magazines, and promoting one or two worthy causes.


But the focus of attention was on a three-piece musical unit from Okinawa: bongos, electric guitar, and trumpet/vocals. They were good! Check out the video I put up tonight on YouTube. Be prepared not only for music, but some words of wisdom, too!

3 comments:

vince said...

Pretty interesting blog. So, you are a tranzlator too, huh?

I added a link to your blog on my blog...

Check you later.

Soccerphile said...

Yes, I translate too! Been here almost 2 decades but have yet to make it up your way.

Vince "Buzz" Coleman said...

Living the life! The translator's life! Sapporo is a pretty nice place in the summer. I'm still working on my first decade. Almost there...