Japan Visitor: What's happening in Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka, Shimane Japan

Home    Japan Travel Guide     Tokyo Guide     Contact     Auction Service     Japan Shop

Monday, October 31, 2005

Japan On Wheels

Japan On Wheels



Smart Car



copyright Harrison Wheeler



Since moving to Japan, cars have become a big infatuation of mine. I never used to pay much attention to cars really – they were handy devices that, as long as they got me from A to B on time, and had a decent stereo of course, I was content.

I guess I’m not your typical ‘car-guy.’ Japanese cars however, have oodles more character than ours in Canada. I mean, plenty of cars have CARisma (sorry!), but the majority seems to be boring run of the mill sedans or, god save us all, SUVs.

Here in sunny Japan they've got a variety of cars that match the peculiarity of their manga characters: cute and sometimes even ridiculous, but most importantly efficient. The list of Japanese cars is long and colorful – here are a few to give you an idea.

(Please note that although these descriptions may smell of mockery, they’re really not. It’s a celebration of their oddities!)

The Japan Car Experience

Tag

No comments: